A VoIP PBX or IP-PBX is an IP phone system that completely replaces and upgrades your proprietary PBX. A VoIP based system is software-based, thus reducing call costs as it uses any IP network for the VoIP data transport. Traditional PBXs are hardware-based and in the vast majority of cases uses proprietary hardware and copper pair based telephone lines.
The caller can use a software-based SIP phone (a software application installed on your computer), an Internet phone, or a normal telephone that is connected to the internet and the IP-PBX server by a specific adapter for the SIP protocol (Session Initiation Protocol). This increases convenience as it allows users to easily work remotely.
3CX Phone System for Windows is an award-winning software-based VoIP PBX that replaces traditional proprietary hardware PBX systems. It is based on the SIP standard and supports most popular SIP phones, VoIP Gateways, VoIP service providers, and PSTN phone lines. It is easy to manage by system administrators as it integrates well with your already-existing Windows Network infrastructure.
Benefits of a VoIP PBX:
- No need for separate phone cables as the phone system uses the existing data network
- Easier to install and manage via its web-based management console
- Cheaper than a hardware-based PBX
- Allows employees to easily work remotely
- Users can configure their extensions themselves using the self-service User Portal
- Utilise any SIP phone instead of being locked into one vendor
- Receive and make calls via existing phone lines using VoIP Gateways
- Save on call costs with ‘out of the box’ configurations for popular SIP / VoIP providers
Key Features of a VoIP PBX:
- Complete phone system – Provides call switching, routing & queuing
- Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware PBX
- Scalable – Unlimited extensions and phone lines.
- Web based configuration & status indication – Easy phone system management!
- Unified Communications – Receive voice mail via e-mail& see user presence
- Auto Attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.)
- Reduce long distance and inter office call costs
- No more expensive proprietary system phones – Use standard SIP phones
- Eliminate the phone wiring and make moving offices easier
- Easy call control, presence and extension management
- Click to Dial & Call Pop-up for Microsoft Outlook
- Receive & Make calls via the standard PSTN using VoIP Gateways or cards
- Save on monthly call costs using SIP trunks, VoIP providers or Skype Connect!
- Out of the box configuration for many VoIP providers, VoIP Gateways, Skype™ and IP Phones.