The first step in the process of setting up your internet presence is the purchase of a domain name. The purchase of a domain name is known as ‘domain registration’. Purchasing a domain is done via a registrar. Quite simply, the registrars will let me know whether “JonsWidgets.com” is available and, if so, register it in my name. As it turns out to be available, all you have done is reserve the right to use a the domain name for a particular period of time, normally in multiples of a year.
If your domain is available, you can register it for a period of time that you specify during the checkout process. You can use your domain to build your business and assist you in creating a dynamic online identity. You may also want to consider registering multiple domain names to:
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers to them instead of you.
- Promote the different products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your Web site.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to, and be listed on, search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies that reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you when searching the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from those who may have unsavory purposes.
To get started, you need to check if the domain name you want is available. To Check a Domain’s Availability.
We offer two ways to handle your domain registration:
Method 1: Managed Services
This method is tailored for the business owner that does not want to be troubled by technical queries and IT related matters. All you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the numbers found in Contact Us page and we can handle the availability and purchase of the domain name as well as any other services you require in relation to the domain.
Method 2: Do it yourself
The Do it yourself method is the fast track to all domain registration and related services, whereby the business owner or the IT Team can handle all the purchase and administration of the domain online.
Go to our sister site http://www.wjengland.com or click here to search for your domain!!
In the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain you want to register, and then select the domain extension from the list.
If the domain you requested is taken, we present you with available alternatives. For example, you may be able to select a .INFO or .WS domain extension, rather than a .COM. For example, you could register www.coolexample.info, instead of www.coolexample.com.
If the domain is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. As you complete your registration, include valid contact information for each contact. ICANN, the governing body for domain names, requires valid information for your contact information (Registrant, Technical, Billing, and Administrative). If you enter false information, your domain is cancelled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois databases of most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by registering your domain with us using our private domain name registration services.
When you purchase our private domain registration services, the Whois directory lists Domains By Proxy’s name, postal address, and phone number instead of yours. Although Domains By Proxy is the registrant of your domain name registration, you still retain the full benefits of domain registration. You can:
- Cancel, sell, or transfer your domain registration.
- Revert the registrant listing for your domain registration back to you.
- Renew your domain registration when it expires.
- Designate the nameservers for your domain.
- Resolve claims arising out of a dispute involving your domain registration.